Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Autumn Thunder...In January

The Autumn Wind
"The Autumn wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea
With a rollicking song he sweeps along
Swaggering boisterously
His face is weather beaten
He wears a hooded sash
With his silver hat about his head
And a bristly black moustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold
The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won"

Although not a Raider's fan I appreciate the glory captured in this famous NFL Films poem. It's that time of year again, with the Superbowl less than 2 weeks away, now is the time to bask in the glory that is football. I don't want to talk about this years playoffs, this post is about the myth that is the NFL. The myth that has been captured and propagated by the incredible NFL Films. The incredible (often slow motion) footage can make every play and epic battle to the death between good and evil. NFL Films elevated the sport to something larger than life, beautiful and savage, a dance or pure destruction. A big part of emotional punch was due to the music. AMAZING music, and this collection spans the entire catalogue. From the classic marching tunes to funky soul in the 70's, there is something for everyone. If nothing else it will get you fired up for football, I guarantee it. So to prep for the upcoming Superbowl, here is my greatest torrent find yet...The complete box set of Music from NFL Films: Autumn Thunder.



Autumn Thunder:
40 Years of NFL Films Music
Pt.1
Pt.2
Pt.3
Pt.4
Pt.5
Pt.6

7 Comments:

Blogger FrankSteel said...

I am so excited that I can't think.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Sumomofo said...

hahahah I know I cant believe I found this! It's great but be forewarned the track listings are a little crazy.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monumental! This is so excellent!

2:17 PM  
Blogger FrankSteel said...

As I listen to this compilation at work I have started a running monologue for everything I'm doing. Even as I am typing this sentence the narrator is trying to take over my brain.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing is as good as the grey cup

12:07 AM  
Blogger the scarlet pimpernel said...

Ultranice! thx sum!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Grimbeorn said...

Oh!...pls re-up. This looks wonderful!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home